I hate selling to people. In my perfect world, my readers should just buy my products. I mean, they read my blog, trust me, so should be natural they buy from me, right?
Unfortunately, humans are a bit more complicated than that, and you need to have a sale process in place if you want to monetize your blog.
Your prospects are at various levels at any given time, some might be ready to buy immediately from you, others might need extra information about your product.
THE THREE PRINCIPAL TRIGGERS OF MIND CHANGE
Different people have different ways of processing information, so tailor one’s web copy to cater to all triggers is a futile endeavor.
The three principal triggers are:
- Emotional Resonance; Your reader resonate with you or your message triggered by an emotion. Your topic, message or product feel right. Did ever happen to get along with someone just met because you share similarities? We tend to buy from people that understand us and our problems – pain.
- Redefinition; Your sale proposition become convincing to the extent to change the way prospects see things – that is, your way. If you can present a concept in three ways; Narrative – telling a story, Quantitative – finite and measurable with examples that support the sale proposition, Logic – explore logical outcomes that support the sale proposition. Each one appeals to a different intelligence, making your concept accessible to more people.
- Resistance; The major paradox in getting a prospect in changing mind in favor of your product or service lies the strong beliefs, that are resistant to unfamiliar propositions. The few typical question in a prospect mind are: Will it work for me? Is what I’m looking for?
Here’s real-life case study using the Trifecta Neuro-Affective Principle.
Product: US$1.000 Seminar for a diet product
Content: The personal story of a struggling doctor with excess weight who tried different types of diets that never worked (Emotional Resonance).
He suddenly lost 25 pounds in two weeks without dieting, exercise or diet pills (drama – all things overweight people try, again emotional resonance). How? With the greatest nutritional discovery of the century. To add to the drama, he said that drug companies are scrambling to hide this unbelievable discovery (Redefinition).
The government doesn’t let him sell this nutrient but its powerful, safe and effective. So, he is going to provide the information through a one-day seminar for US$ 1.000. Who couldn’t attend the seminar, could buy the CD for US$ 250 (Resistance).
Product: Video Series Blog to Biz Bootcamp Series
Content: Three years ago, I was struggling to grow an audience. Posting 5 days a week on my blog. And baaraaarely making enough money to get by (Emotional Resonance).
Which is why I WISH I had this training I’m about to hook you up with, yo. See, I did the dirty work for you (which, ahem, took me over 3 years to figure out). And now I’ve compiled my best tips into a video course. (Redefinition).
And I’m giving you that video course fo’ free. HOLA (Resistance).
I’ll be sending it to you in just a couple weeks (we’re putting the finishing touches on it right now!). So keep an eye on your inbox on November 30. (She build excitement).
It’s the Blog to Biz Boot-camp Series.
And she explains the benefit of the audience.
But what is the name of this principle just described? It’s called Trifecta Neuro-Affective Principle.
With this simple principle in your sale copy, your customers are going to buy from you like crazy.
The reason is that you’ve given all the information to your prospect to make a buy decision.
However, this sale copy isn’t complete, but rather it’s a shortcut strategy for presenting the most salient points of your sales proposition in the least amount of time.
HOW TO CREATE A SHORT SALE COPY
Now a day, people have a short attention span. Your ads have less than 5 seconds to catch your prospect attention.
So, how to create a short sale copy that convert?
- Identify the unique selling proposition (USP).
- Use the Trifecta Neuro-Affective Principle.
Without wasting web space in words, here a simple example:
Permanent Hair Removal Without The Pain Of Electrolysis – and at a Fraction of the Cost of Laser Hair Removal
- Patented handheld hair removal appliance sends a painless radio frequency to the hair shaft, deadening the hair at the root – unwanted hair is gone forever and won’t grow back!
- Approved by the FDA as Medically Safe Technology.
- 5,000 of these appliances sold out on QVC in less than 5 minutes!
In less than 50 words, I’ve articulated a USP in the headline but also employs the resonance, redefinition, and resistance triggers in the three benefit bullets.
It bears repeating that you must present the concept in three ways, using the right sequence that gives consumers a sense of competition.